Welcome

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Organization for a More Thankful Thursday


Many of us get lost in the fast pace world we live in and wrapped in a cycle of disorganization.  With little time to barely squeak by, who has the time to plan and organize let alone map out big goals? Well I encourage you; it is in these very moments that your life depends on it. Your health, your mind, your friends and family around you, even the people you do not know depend on it. When we have order and systems in place to help with smooth transitions we experience more joy, peace and happiness. We are more productive and even friendlier. Really! I'll share a blog with you about a day when I was running my business and feeling a little overwhelmed:
I am dealing with sick kids, school and work, along with a to do list out of this world. However, my ‘to do’ list is organized by:
·         Phone Calls
·         Errands
·         Email/Letters
·         Appointments
·         Projects
·         Miscellaneous Tasks
By setting up my list last night, I have been able to take 10 or 15 minutes here and there to check off tasks one at a time. By organizing my home, office, and car, things run smoothly. Now I am not always like this, don’t let this fool you. I too get off track sometimes. The important part is that I get right back up and start over: no looking back or beating myself up, just a fresh start or ‘re-do on the to do’. I allow myself to slip up every once in a while.
Well as far as today goes, I was able to tackle my day with very little sleep (remember, sick kids = no sleep for the mama) and remain joyful and less stressed. I went to the grocery store to grab a few things and smiled at people I did not know, met my son at the bus stop after school, and even smiled at the lady when she informed me I needed an emissions test before paying for my plate renewal, after I waited in a line longer than the Nile. But I checked a whole lot of stuff off my ‘to do’ list. In fact I have even taken a moment to count my blessings and thank God for them. As I sit here and write this, I encourage you to declutter one area of your life this week to make time for smiles and joy. Map out a plan for just one goal that will help relieve tension in another area and bring a sense of accomplishment to your life. 
This is a reminder that everyday we can choose what we become and how are day is positioned by our thoughts and actions. Happy Thankful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and experiences