Welcome

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thankful for Goals

So I have been told I am stubborn, persistent, and too 'goal oriented' more times than not. Well here is what I have to say to that:

Either grab your running shoes and join me or get out of my way!

I have a race to run. A race that is set before me and was designed to mold and shape me into the person I am suppose to be. I pray this every night before I tuck each of my children into bed... "mold and shape them in to the person You designed them to be" for this very reason- goals!

We all have them, but it's what we do with them that matters. Do you say,

"oh someday..."

Or do you write them down and let them sit?

Or do you write them down, try it for a day, week or month and then quit?

Well goals are achieved with persistence and endurance. Sometimes it can be a sprint and short term goals are a part of the overall 'marathon' goal. A marathon requires:

DISCIPLINE, ACTION and a SOLID PLAN

So do goals. Sometimes they change, just like the course of a marathon. There are hills and valleys, rivers and desserts, storms and drought... and sometimes even just a silly pot hole that can try to trip you up. But I CHOOSE to stay the course, whatever that might bring and run with endurance! It's not easy and sometimes I want to quit- but being complacent is not my greatest trait- thank goodness!

I am thankful today for the amazing people that have come in and out of my life (both good and bad) to shape my goals and the plan I have to make those goals happen. I agree, I am stubborn, persistent and goal oriented... for I have a race to run that's worth far more than anything this world can offer! I love having goals and hope they work to bring good to more than I can imagine.

2 comments:

  1. Amen VICKIE! Don't let anyone tell you NOT to dream or set goals.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and experiences