Welcome

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful for my Family of Me + 3

Today I am starting my November 'Thankful for' Month of gratitude. My family is very important to me and everything I do is with them in mind. My three children have created the first ring of my family and I love them with all of my heart! They are each unique and beautiful in their own way. I get excited when I think of the potential they hold to shape their world and affect so many others along the way. 

We entered the teenage years this year and it has been quite an experience, but also left me with a realization/wake up call that training on my part is almost finished... Most of the choices they make are up to them and hopefully the good morals I have instilled will play huge part. There comes a point in time where you can't just pick up your baby, hold them and soothe them until they quit crying over something, or worse- someone. And when you have to step back and let them learn lessons on their own to grow. It's tough, but such an amazing blessing to have in my life. Watching them grow is so much more fantastic than I ever imagined. So very Thankful!

They have learned a lot in watching me... and boy is that a scary thought! I always say my kids keep me grounded. For I would be a train wreck with out them, ha! Some experiences my family has encountered I wish I could erase, but hold confident that everything happens for a reason and we pull good from each lesson. I have also learned a lot in watching them: the way they react, the way they set up a scenario, the way they refer to others, and their very kind, caring hearts! (well most of the time, lol) 

Families don't come with instruction manuals and all you can do is try your best, to be your best... and God fills in the rest! 

Thankful for my family of me + 3. 



4 comments:

  1. AMen girlfriend that is a beautiful photo of you and your kids. Beautiful! Such a blessing! I need to write blogs more often. Maybe that's something you can inspire me to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love too... any funny thing is I found a tool today that will help us plan them out. Tell you more when we chat tonight. Thank you for the kind words!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wrote a post - - http://lifefrommylaptop.com/2012/11/30-days-of-gratitude/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyssa I absolutely LOVE this post! I am so excited to follow yours now too!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and experiences